Concrete recycling is an increasingly common method of disposing of concrete structures. Concrete debris was once routinely shipped to landfills for disposal, but recycling is increasing due to improved environmental awareness, governmental laws, and economic benefits.
A nearly inert material, concrete is suitable as a medium for recycling waste and industrial byproducts. Fly ash, slag and silica fume are used in making concrete, which helps reduce embodied energy, carbon footprint and quantity of landfill materials. The process of making cement also uses waste materials. Tires have high energy content and can supplement coal as fuel in the kiln. Industrial byproducts such as ash from coal combustion, fly ash from power stations as well as mill scale and foundry sand from steel casting provide the silica, calcium, alumina and iron needed for making cement. Even kiln dust, a solid waste generated by cement manufacturing, is often recycled back into the kiln as a raw material. Old concrete that has reached the end of its service life can be recycled and reused as granular fill for road beds.
Concrete is pulverized with the mixture of limestone, clay, and iron ore powder in proportion. At this time the mixture is called raw materials. Followed by calcination, the general temperature is of 1450 degrees. After calcination, the product is called clinker. Then according to a certain percentage, the clinker is mixed with gypsum. The mixture is then grinded to the required fineness. Here you have produced concrete. This is only a general description. Here you can learn about the whole process in detail.Selection of concrete production line equipments and Concrete recycling
In the selection of equipment types and specifications something followed should be paid attention:
1. The equipment types and specifications should meet the requirements of production capacity and adapt the process conditions, the work environment.
2. The efficiency of equipment. The efficiency of equipment is composed of a series of technical parameters. In the selection of equipment, the efficiency of equipment must adapt your own production technology parameter.
3. Reliability of equipment. Not only the equipment can produce high quality products, but also has low failure rate. Reliable operation and stable qualified products are also the important issue.
4. The low energy consumption and high energy saving of the equipment.
5. The safety and environmental protection. Safe and reliable equipment with the environmental pollution is helpful to realize clean production.
6. The sets of equipment is completed whatever device is single or units.
7. The maintainability. Good maintainability requires simple structure, reasonable combination of equipment parts, a high degree of standardization, strong repairable, etc.
8. The service life of equipment (durability). Under the premise of ensuring product quality, long service life is important.
9. In the first purchase of equipment investment, the reasonable cost of equipment should be considered, not simply pursuit "cheap equipment".