Microsoft is building a UWP app that will eventually integrate all of the legacy Skype program's features, and more. Moreover, it says it will eventually completely kill off the desktop-only app in favor of the universal one.The company has worked to simplify the interface by removing duplicate menus and clutter, and of course, the interface is much more touch-friendly. That said, not all of the features in the desktop version are available in this preview quite yet. Currently, you can perform standard one-to-one chat actions and send photos, but you can't:
- Start a chat with anyone using Skype or not using Skype
- Create a group and send group messages
- Make group voice and video calls
- Share your screen, files and video messages
- Manage notifications from individual chats
Disclosure: I/we have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours.