When health sciences and regenerative medicine company Cardium Therapeutics made their presentation recently at the Biotech Showcase Conference in San Francisco, they summarized their unique collection of technology platforms, detailing respective market potential and plans for the future for associated products, including prospects under their umbrella covering Genedexa, LifeAgain, and To Go Brands.
• Tissue Engineering Platform (Formulated collagen and DNA-activated matrices for wound and orthopedic repair) - Excellagen and its first product extension Genedexa are for the treatment of wound tissue. Excellagen is a collagen gel used to promote the healing of many types of wounds. Genedexa is focused initially on the treatment of chronic, non-healing diabetic foot ulcers.
• Cardiovascular Growth Factor Biologics Platform (Portfolio acquired from Schering AG) - Generx is an interventional cardiology-focused product candidate that facilitates blood vessel formation in patients with Cardiac Microvascular Insufficiency (NYSE:CMI).
• Health Sciences Platform (Organic mixes, nutraceuticals, dietary supplements) - MedPodium, together with recently acquired To Go Brands to support logistical infrastructure, represent a comprehensive set of science-based lifestyle solutions.
• Medical Analytics Platform (E-commerce platform of algorithms and medical-based social media programs supporting life insurance underwriting for patients dealing with cancer and chronic medical diseases) - LifeAgain offers life insurance for cancer survivors.
Cardium also presented investment highlights, showing the status and strategy for each of the product areas, and stressing the company's focus on its capital-efficient, asset-based business strategy, designed to provide a diversified and balanced portfolio of risk/return opportunities:
• FDA 510(k) clearance for U.S. marketing and sales, with international CE mark registration targeted for Q1 of 2013
• Strategic partnering process underway, with recently announced marketing and sales agreement with Academy Medical for U.S. Government installations
• International cost-efficient "ASPIRE" Phase 3 / Registration Study underway
• Recently announced acquisition of To Go Brands to support logistical infrastructure to accelerate revenue
• Partner-enabled platform opportunities, with the possibility of independent financing strategies being utilized
The key take-away for investors is that Cardium has no outstanding debt and substantial trading liquidity, with continuing news flow expected from product platforms and other opportunities under consideration. The company's current capital structure provides for significant economic upside potential as CXM executes its asset-based business strategy.
For more information on Cardium, visit www.CardiumTHX.com
Sign up for "The Mission Report" at www.MissionIR.com