Give a portion to seven, or even to eight
for you know not what disaster may happen on earth. (Ecc. 11:2)
Please refer to a previous blog (posted December 23, 2018 on my SA Instablog) as background for my strategies in 2019. Links to Portfolio Visualizer for each strategy are included in the December 23rd blog post. Free, easy-to-use spreadsheets of three of my strategies (Original ELVS, DF_ELVS and ULVS) were developed by Greg Katai, and they can be downloaded at this post.
Here are the July 2019 selections for my strategies:
1. Original ELVS: VFIIX (100%, overall ranking = 1.49). NHMAX is the second ranked fund for July (overall ranking = 2.53). So these two funds have switched in July; last month NHMAX was #1 and VFIIX was #2. NHMAX gained 0.41% in June, while VFIIX gained 0.74%. The big winner for June was WHIYX, gaining 1.09%. But WHIYX ranks #3 for July with an overall ranking of 2.98.
2. DF_ELVS: VFIIX (50%, overall ranking = 2.49) and MMHAX (50%, overall ranking = 2.51). DSIAX comes in third with an overall ranking of 2.96. In June, DF_ELVS owned NHMAX (50%) and MMHAX (50%). DF_ELVS earned 0.48% in June.
3. ULVS: NVHAX (100%) with LEXNX second. This is the same selection as June. In June, ULVS gained 0.39%.
4. VV_ELVS: VWEHX (100%). In June, VV_ELVS owned VFIIX and earned 0.74%.
5. Weekly MDBS_ETF: HYD (100%). In June, MDBS_ETF owned HYD all month, and earned 0.64% for the month. This is my best performing strategy, with a YTD return of 5.65%.
6. VAA-G4: VOO (50%) and VEA (50%). VAA-G4 owned IEF (100%) in June and gained 1.22%. As with all equity strategies, VAA-G4 can be very volatile. Rolling one year return is +0.83%.
7. Weekly LSFAX/LSFYX Strategy: LSFYX (100%). This strategy gained 0.32% in June.
Please let me know if I made any mistakes.
Overall, the strategies produced acceptable returns in June; all strategies produced winning months in June. It looks like the strategies have a lot of diversity for July. In my Schwab accounts, based on my own personal money I am investing, I am now up 4.5% YTD, while in my Vanguard accounts I am up 3.4% YTD.
So far, so good this year. I am seeing slow and steady growth, just like what is expected in our low volatility approach. I am very thankful.