International Fuel's additives save money while helping the environment in that they…
- Increase overall gas mileage
- Improve the quality and length of their engine's life
- Reduce exhaust emissions such as carbon monoxide and other gases
- Improve lubricity of the fuel, which
- Reduce wear and tear in the engine and other components
Between 2006 and 2010, the Association of The Train Operating Companies of the U.K. (OTC:ATOC) retained the respected railway consultant Interfleet Technology Ltd to manage a series of trials to test the effect of using International Fuel Technology’s proprietary fuel additive in rail engines. The first four laboratory tests demonstrated compelling positive effects. In two of the trials, reductions in fuel consumption of 6.9% and 5.9% were realized. In addition, particulate matter emissions were significantly reduced in each of the four test-bed trials.
Product distribution is the key at International Fuel.
A deal with a major distributor in the U.K. would be a boon to International Fuel’s business.Today’s Important Developments
- Unipart Rail (part of The Unipart Group of Companies), the U.K.’s leading distributor to the rail industry, signed a marketing and distribution agreement providing Unipart Rail the rights to sell International Fuel’s unique fuel additive formulations for fuel economy to the U.K. rail market.
- This relationship is a major step forward for International Fuel by providing a powerful platform to expedite the commercialization of DiesoLiFTTM 10 in the U.K rail market.
Unipart Rail is developing both marketing strategy and materials and will begin actively promoting use of IFT products to its customer base, which includes most train operator in the U.K.
Success in the U.K. will enhance the company’s credibility and help corporate efforts with the numerous European rail operators with whom the company is in active commercial discussions.
Harris L. Berenholz, CFA
I and my family own these shares.