MWWC 3/2/2011 - Yahoo Finance
Marketing Worldwide is a designer, manufacturer and certified service supplier of OE accessories for the global automotive industry and for the customization of cars, sport utility vehicles and light trucks.
Traders speculated about the company as the equity rallied 180% yesterday. It remained stable until about 11:20 AM EST when volume spiked along with the stock.
On February 22, 2011 the company announced its financial results for the first quarter of fiscal 2011 ending December 31, 2010.
- Operating loss was ($183,202), reduced by $228,445 compared to an operating loss of ($411,647) in the first quarter of 2009.
- Net income increased by $3,886,733 to $526,238. In the first quarter of fiscal 2011, Net Income was ($4,308,573)
- Net Sales decreased by $597,657 compared to$1,192,166 for the first quarter of fiscal 2010
The company attributes their decrease in sales to the typical seasonal decline during the period. In addition, the reduction in orders from two of the Company’s customers also contributed to the decrease.
Some speculators argue that the company will do well because they are in a rising automotive market.
The automotive market has hit “Bottom” and clear upward trends have emerged, unit sales are expected to return to 16.8 Million units by 2013.
-Marketing Worldwide Corp
To further support this theory, speculators argue that American Axle (NYSE:AXL) is often considered a bell weather stock for the auto industry and it has risen from a 52 week low of $6.67 to $13.18.
The company states
- Revenue of $4.1 million in 2010
- Increased Gross Profit Margins
- Reduced Operating Expenses
- Projected revenue of $7.5 million in 2011
Overall, the bullishness comes from investors betting on the uptrend in the automotive industry translating into this equity.
Yesterday, 5,200,000 shares were traded, an increase of 2,800% compared to the 3 month average volume of 180,000 shares, and an increase of 417% compared to the 10-day average volume of 1,000,000 shares.
The 52wk high is $0.15 and the 52wk low is $0.01.
Currently, the equity is trading roughly in between the 50-day moving average of $0.02 and the 200-day moving average of $0.04