Entering text into the input field will update the search result below

Introducing The PAM One-Contract Trade Tracker

Jan. 04, 2021 7:56 AM ET1 Comment
Please Note: Blog posts are not selected, edited or screened by Seeking Alpha editors.


  • Tim and I (plus the Accountant) discourages the PAM community from trading in the scale that PAM/DCC does. We have the resources which many in the community don't have.
  • It is very easy therefore for some community members to get into over-leveraged situation due to insufficient trading capital. The Bossman (via the Accountant) suggested a work-around.
  • PAM will maintain a One-Contract Trade Tracker. It is a facsimile of the PAM spreadsheet, except for the fact that only one contract is traded each time.
  • Profit & Loss will therefore be computed on the basis of constant one-contract. Hedging will be on direct one to one. There will be no over-hedging, as such. Overhedging will be on the basis of one contract as well. We are open to suggestion on this matter.
  • The leverage of a community member will therefore be made not on the basis of PAM's choices of trade size, but rather on the basis of what multiples (of the trade) the margin capital of the member can sustain. We suggest  35% margin capital usage, and the rest (65%) be reserved for exigences, and opportunistic trades.

The One-Contract Trade Tracker has already been uploaded to the main PAM portal.

The initial entries of the spreadsheet are the contracts opened by PAM during the last week of December, which remain open.

The Accountant said he will update this spreadsheet when he does the main PAM ledger.

I hope this is useful to members. We are very open to suggestions regarding the matter.

We wanted to add the P.S. that overhedges will be not treated differently from scalpers, They will both be reckoned on the basis of one contract. That does not give the overhedges any special status in the One-Contract Trade Tracker.

I asked the Accountant to work back from at least September 2020 and convert previous monthly performance of PAM on the basis of one contract per trade, using the same parameters as the 2021 module. That provides historical data to add context to whatever performance we will see in 2021.

He asked to be given a little time.

Robert and Tim


Here are the latest year-to-date trades of the PAM flagship Swing Fund (it may be late by one update cycle).

During the twelve months of 2020, PAM delivered phenomenal real-dollar trading performance, the best at Seeking Alpha:

PAM's flagship Swing Portfolio, year-to-date (December 31, 2020) delivered $100, 181,522.77 net profit on $11,172,813 operating capital.

Year-to-date performance: 754.20%, on 888-98 win-loss trades.

December 2020 spreadsheet here:

Year to date 2020 spreadsheet here.


Seeking Alpha's Disclosure: Past performance is no guarantee of future results. No recommendation or advice is being given as to whether any investment is suitable for a particular investor. Any views or opinions expressed above may not reflect those of Seeking Alpha as a whole. Seeking Alpha is not a licensed securities dealer, broker or US investment adviser or investment bank. Our analysts are third party authors that include both professional investors and individual investors who may not be licensed or certified by any institute or regulatory body.

Recommended For You

To ensure this doesn’t happen in the future, please enable Javascript and cookies in your browser.
Is this happening to you frequently? Please report it on our feedback forum.
If you have an ad-blocker enabled you may be blocked from proceeding. Please disable your ad-blocker and refresh.