Millions of people from different social orientation and age groups suffer from hair loss and hair thinning conditions. Most of the time, people who experience this problem tend to become subjects of criticisms and negative opinions, making them feel a little less confident about themselves.
Baldness or alopecia is a multi-factorial condition. This is triggered by various factors which may range from heredity, hormonal fluctuations, medical conditions and unhealthy lifestyle.
Related Articles : Healthy Ways to Make Hair Grow Fast
That being said, the best way to stop the onset of hair loss and hair thinning problem is to determine its root cause. By identifying the factor that triggers the condition, we can find the most suitable product or procedure which can end hair loss once and for all.
The following are the common causes of hair loss and hair thinning conditions experienced by both men and women across the world.
· Dihydrotestosterone (NYSE:DHT). This body metabolite produced by the contact of the male hormone testosterone and the 5-alpha reductase enzyme is considered the main culprit of 95% of hair loss. Experts believed that the more DHT is produced in the body, the higher is the risk of suffering from hair loss or hair thinning condition.
· Ageing. As we grow older, the rate at which our hair follicles develop begins to deteriorate. The natural process of hair growth is affected, making the hair follicles produce smaller, thinner and finer hair strands.
· Trichotillomania. This impulse-control condition triggers the urge to pull, twist or tug the hair strands, leading to the onset of permanent hair loss.
· Scalp Infections. Folliculitis, demodex parasiti, piedra, kerion, and tinea capitis are some infections due to viruses, fungi and bacteria. These scalp infections when not properly treated may trigger the onset of baldness.
· Diseases. Seborrheic dermatitides, lupus, hypotrichosis, hyper and hypothyroidism are some diseases that cause hair loss and hair thinning problems.
· Malnutrition. Mineral and vitamin deficiency is one of the most common causes of hair loss in women. In fact conditions due to malnutrition such as anemia, anorexia and bulimia are said to exhibit hair loss or hair thinning problem as one of their symptoms.
· Stress. Extreme physical and mental stress negatively affects the growth of healthier hair strands. Stress may constrict the proper flow of blood in the scalp, impeding the delivery of oxygen and nutrients to the hair roots, weakening the hair follicles.
IMPROPER HAIR CARE
· Tight Hairstyles. Dreadlocks, tight ponytails and cornrows also induce hair thinning problems.
· Heated Styling Tools. Hot curling irons, permers and straighteners can weaken the hair follicles, causing them to become brittle, dry and damaged.
Anticoagulant, anti-neoplastic, anticonvulsant, beta blocker and antidepressant drugs may cause hair loss. In addition, chemotherapy drugs for cancer treatment can also cause your hair to fall off.
· Menopause. The decrease of estrogen and progesterone levels during menopause may induce hair loss in women.
· Pregnancy. Hormonal changes during pregnancy causes temporary hair loss. This usually happens 2-3 months after childbirth. The good news is that, the hair will return to its natural rate of regrowth on the fourth month after giving birth.Read more on Leimo Laser Comb
Leimo is the world-leader in home-based Hair Regrowth treatments and is on a mission to help millions of people put hair loss behind them. Regrow your hair today in the privacy and convenience of your own home and join our other satisfied users. You deserve it! - Leimo Reviews
Like Leimo Australia on Facebook : www.facebook.com/LeimoAustralia ;
Leimo Australia Twitter @Leimo_Australia