Zoloft is a FDA approved medication for the treatment of a number of mental illnesses, such as Major Depressive Disorder or MDD, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder or OCD, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Panic Disorder, Social Anxiety Disorder and Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder or PMDD. Basically, generic Zoloft is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (NASDAQ:SSRI) and is a very effective antidepressant. Zoloft manipulates the chemicals in the brain and balances out any imbalances. It is these chemical imbalances that cause mental health issues such as depression, OCD and the likes. Zoloft is such an effective medication that is even approved for children above 6 years of age. Generic Zoloft may be indicated for uses other than the ones explicitly mentioned in this medical guide and only your health care professional or pharmacist can shed some light on these other uses.
Important Information Regarding Zoloft
As Zoloft (Setraline) is quite a potent medication, it is important that patients use it in a proper manner. The following notes should be strictly followed to maximize the benefits of Zoloft and to minimize the risks of adverse side effects.
• Certain medication must not be used concurrently with Zoloft due to the occurrence of interaction related complications. All medication in current use should be disclosed to a doctor before beginning a course of Zoloft. Zoloft can only be taken 14 days after stopping the dosages of any MAO inhibitors.
• Though Zoloft is approved for the treatment of OCD in children, it is not approved for the treatment of depression in the same. Consult a doctor regarding Zoloft treatments in children.
• Caregivers should be alert to any changes in the patient’s behavior after beginning the use of Zoloft. Zoloft use has been associated with increased suicidal tendencies and thoughts so any such behavior should immediately be reported to a doctor.
• Zoloft dosages depend on several factors such as your present health, age, etc. If you have any preexisting health conditions, such as any liver or kidney problems, seizures, epilepsy, bipolar disorder, etc. you should report them to your health care professional before you take a Zoloft prescription.
• Zoloft should be taken in the prescribed dosages, usually with water. Zoloft use should not be abruptly stopped and one should wait for result to show as they take between 4 to 5 weeks.
• Keep away from alcohol, and indeed anything that make you drowsy while on a Zoloft course. Avoid narcotic pain relievers, sleeping pills and muscle relaxers.
• Pregnant or breastfeeding women should discuss the possible effects of Zoloft use with their doctors before
starting its course.
Possible Zoloft Side Effects
Like with most allopathic medications, Zoloft use also has the possibility of certain serious as well as minor side effects. In the case of serious allergic reactions and side effects, the patient must be rushed to the nearest medical care. Urgent medical intervention is essential in such a scenario. Some serious Zoloft side effects are:
• Muscle rigidity or stiffness
• High fever
• Excessive sweating
• Tremors and overactive reflexes
• Uneven heartbeats
• Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and loss of appetite
• Loss of coordination
• Breathing difficulty
The less serious side effects of Zoloft often are just minor irritations that pass off on their own after continuous Zoloft use. The following are some of these less serious Zoloft side effects:
• Feeling tired, drowsy and dizzy
• Nausea, stomach pain and sometime constipation
• Appetite and weight changes
• Decreased sex drive and impotence
Zoloft is a popular anti-depressant and it easily obtainable if you have a doctor’s prescription for it. You can buy Zoloft from your local drugstore or you can order Setraline online. If you buy Zoloft online, you may avail numerous online discounts and pay the most reasonable prices.
Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours.