OPPO BDP-83 Blu-ray Player is a universal player:
The oppo bdp-83 blu-ray player is a universal player that supports SACD, DVD-Audio, DVD, CD, in addition to Blu-ray. Hence, you can use this player to enjoy all your different discs without the hassle of using different players and remotes. This saves you space and makes your home looks less cluttered.
OPPO BDP-83 Blu-ray Player has Supports both PAL and NTSC:
The oppo bdp-83 blu-ray player gives you excellent image quality that is clean and lifelike as it comes with an award winning processing chip by Anchor Bay. This chip can up-convert your standard definition DVDs, enabling them to look better on your HDTV. It also supports both PAL and NTSC and converts between them. This means that you can watch a PAL movie on a NTSC TV.
Besides providing full 1080p high definition output, this player also has output at 480i, 480p, 720p and 1080i. In addition, you can have a cinema-like experience at the comfort of your home as it supports Blu-ray discs recorded at 24 frames-per-second.
OPPO BDP-83 Blu-ray Player supports Blu-ray Profile 2.0:
The oppo bdp-83 blu-ray player supports Blu-ray Profile 2.0, and thus has an audio/video decoder and 1 GB internal storage. Therefore, with an Internet connection, you can enjoy BD-Live features with this player.
Besides excellent cinema-like image quality, it also gives excellent cinema-like audio quality. It supports Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio, providing you with lossless sound. Furthermore, it supports both DVD-Audio and SACD, providing better quality sound.
The oppo bdp-83 blu-ray player has one USB port in the front so that you can easily connect to a USB storage device to play movies, music or photos on your TV. Other features in the rear include another USB port, HDMI connections, component video, composite video, 7.1 analog audio, analog stereo output, and optical and coaxial digital audio. In addition, it also has an Ethernet jack and a hardwired IR in-and-out jack. Therefore, it is an excellent addition to your home theater system!d SACD, providing better quality sound.
The oppo bdp-83 blu-ray player has one USB port in the front so that you can easily connect to a USB storage device to play movies, music or photos on your TV.
OPPO BDP-83 Blu-ray Player Pros:
- analog 7.1 audio out
- supports simultaneous HDMI and component video output (eg. you can send high-res audio over HDMI and video over component)
- support for NTSC and PAL format DVDs, but they must be unlocked
- IR in and IR out ports
- nice onscreen menu system graphics and easy-to-use interface
OPPO BDP-83 Blu-ray Player Cons:
- well, first of all, Profile 2 support is only through hard-wired ethernet (no WiFi)
- speaking of Profile 2.0, the interactive services aren’t particularly fast, but I have yet to find a BluRay title that actually has compelling Profile 2.0 content
- no support for streaming services like Netflix, although there are rumors that the hardware might have the capability to support through a firmware update – I wouldn’t count on this though