Applied Materials -2% on Q2 beats, mixed guidance
May 17, 2018 4:23 PM ETApplied Materials, Inc. (AMAT)By: Brandy Betz, SA News Editor49 Comments
- Applied Materials (NASDAQ:AMAT) drops 2% aftermarket on Q2 results that beat EPS and revenue results with a 29% Y/Y revenue growth. Q3 guidance has downside revenue of $4.33B to $4.53B (consensus: $4.54B) and in-line EPS of $1.13 to $1.21 (consensus: $1.16).
- Key metrics: Non-GAAP gross margin, 46.7% (+0.4 pts); operating margin, 30.2% (+2.4 pts); cash from operations, $611M; capital allocation, $2.6B; operating expenses, $763M; cash and equivalents, $4.87B.
- Segment performance: Semiconductor Systems, $3B (+25% Y/Y); Applied Global Services, $943M (+30%); Display and Adjacent Markets, $600M (+53%).
- Earnings call is scheduled for 4:30 PM Eastern with a webcast available here.
- Press release.
- Previously: Applied Materials beats by $0.08, beats on revenue (May 17)