- The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has awarded a $5M grant to Inovio Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:INO) to accelerate the testing and scale-up of the Cellectra 3PSP smart device for the intradermal delivery of INO-4800, its potential DNA vaccine for COVID-19.
- The company plans to launch a Phase 1 study next month enabled by up to $9M in funding from the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI).
- Cellectra 3PSP is a small, portable, hand-held, battery-operated device that is designed to administer vaccines and therapies.
- Inovio says its goal is to deliver 1M doses of INO-4800 and the requisite number of Cellectra devices by year-end.
- Shares up 19% premarket on robust volume.
Recommended For You
More Trending News
See More »