Disneyland reopening set for July 17
Jun. 10, 2020 11:31 PM ETThe Walt Disney Company (DIS)DISBy: Jason Aycock, SA News Editor30 Comments
- Walt Disney (NYSE:DIS) has announced plans for a phased reopening of its keystone Disneyland resort.
- The company will reopen its Downtown Disney district July 9, with plans to reopen its theme parks - Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park - on Friday, July 17, the 65th anniversary of Disneyland's opening.
- Those would be followed by reopenings of Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa and Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel on July 23.
- The plans are pending state and local government approval.
- As part of capacity management, all guests (including Annual Passholders) will need to obtain a reservation to enter.
- "Certain experiences that draw large group gatherings – such as parades and nighttime spectaculars – will return at a later date," Disney says. "While character meet and greets will be temporarily unavailable, characters will be in the parks in new ways to entertain and delight guests."