- Taiwan-based newspaper Commercial Times reports that Intel (NASDAQ:INTC) has ordered 6nm chips from TSMC (NYSE:TSM) for next year.
- The unprecedented Intel order would reportedly include 180,000 wafers.
- TSMC's leading-edge capacity is now fully booked for H1 2021.
- In other news for the pure-play foundry, Economic Daily News says Apple is setting up a display tech R&D plant within TSMC.
- TSMC shares are up 8.2% pre-market, continuing to benefit from Intel's 7nm process yield issues.
- Additional source: Bloomberg's Tim Culpan.
- Post updated to include Bloomberg attribution.
Recommended For You
More Trending News
See More »