Royal Caribbean and peers rise as investors look to 2021
Aug. 10, 2020 2:59 PM ETRoyal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (RCL), CCL, NCLHRCL, CCL, NCLHBy: Clark Schultz, SA News Editor61 Comments
- Royal Caribbean (RCL +10.1%) sees COVID-19 testing as very likely to be part of its new safety measures used to resume cruises.
- "We have not yet reached a point in our protocols where we’re ready to publish and release for discussion. But it’s very likely that testing will occur," states Royal CEO Michael Bayley.
- Former FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb is serving as co-chair of a group called the Healthy Sail Panel to assist Royal in mapping out a strategy.
- Royal Caribbean expects the panel to approve a return-to-sailing plan by the end of the month for submission to the CDC.
- Earlier today, alongside Q2 earnings, Royal Caribbean said booking trends for the second half of 2021 were encouraging.
- Carnival (CCL +7.8%) and Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings (NCLH +8.3%) are also having a strong day.