GameStop soars 69% as short squeeze intensifies
Jan. 13, 2021 12:00 PM ETGameStop Corp. (GME), GOTU, NKLA, PEN, BBBYBBBY, GME, PEN, NKLA, GOTUBy: Clark Schultz, SA News Editor232 Comments
- It is probably official now that the short squeeze is on at GameStop (NYSE:GME).
- Shares are up 68.82% and traded as high as $38.60 earlier in the session. GameStop hasn't trade over $30 since August of 2016 and sunk to $2.80 last April.
- Volume on GME is through the roof at 72M shares and counting.
- Other short names also spiking today include GSX Techedu (NYSE:GSX) up 13% [short interest 51%], Nikola (NASDAQ:NKLA) gained 8% [short interest 30%], Penumbra (NYSE:PEN) up 6.3% [short interest 16%], Bed Bath & Beyond (NASDAQ:BBBY) rose 8.2% [short interest 67%]
- GameStop was on Seeking Alpha's Catalyst Watch for volatility.