- The SEC is reportedly investigating Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) due to a whistleblower complaint that the company failed to properly notify its shareholders and the public of fire risks associated with solar panel system defects over a period of several years.
- The fire risk issue has been discussed in news reports previously, but the new letter sent by the SEC is the first indication of an official probe.
- The electric vehicle maker already faces a widely-publicized federal safety probe into accidents that involve the company's driver assistant systems.
- Shares of Tesla are down 2.26% in premarket trading to $992.04.
- Sector watch: See how the analyst ratings are falling for Rivian Automotive.
Recommended For You
More Trending News
See More »