Jumia rallies on reporting 30% Y/Y growth in Black Friday campaign GMV
Dec. 07, 2021 10:22 AM ETJumia Technologies AG (JMIA)By: SA News Team2 Comments
- In its Black Friday campaign highlights (between Nov.5 and Nov.30), Jumia Technologies (NYSE:JMIA +18.5%) GMV reached $150M, which is 30% higher Y/Y and orders reached 4.3M (+39% Y/Y).
- The company posted a record of almost 40M unique visitors to its platforms, an increase of 27% Y/Y, while campaign video content recorded almost 190M views on social media.
- The event saw strong seller participation with over 46K active sellers during the campaign compared to 41.5K the prior year.
- GMV of the food delivery category almost doubled year-over-year and the top 20 restaurants during the 2021 event experienced on average 167% GMV growth Y/Y.
- Jumia Logistics handled 5.3M packages during the campaign, which is more than double the average monthly package volume in the first 10 months of 2021.
- During the Black Friday campaign, 58% of packages reached consumers the next business day while the average end-to-end delivery time decreased to 1.5 business days, compared to 2.2 business days in the 2020 Black Friday campaign.