TherapeuticsMD settles U.S. patent litigation with Amneal for Bijuva
Dec. 08, 2021 7:54 AM ETTherapeuticsMD, Inc. (TXMD)AMRXBy: SA News Team5 Comments
- TherapeuticsMD (NASDAQ:TXMD) announces the settlement of the previously disclosed U.S. patent litigation for Bijuva with Amneal Pharmaceuticals (NYSE:AMRX).
- TXMD shares up 2% premarket at $0.45.
- As part of the settlement, TXMD granted to Amneal a license to commercialize latter's generic version of Bijuva (1 mg estradiol and 100 mg progesterone) in U.S., commencing on May 25, 2032, or earlier under certain circumstances.
- The last of TherapeuticsMD’s Bijuva patents listed in the FDA's Orange Book currently expire on November 21, 2032.
- As part of the settlement, the parties will file a consent judgment with the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey that enjoins Amneal from marketing a generic version of Bijuva before the expiration of the patents-in-suit, except as provided for in the settlement and license.