Basic materials sector plunged 16.3% in Q2 and 10% for the past 12 months.
The industry is trading at a PE ratio of 24.3x, lower than its 3-year average PE of 27.1x.
Top five gainers in the basic materials sector in Q2 (stocks with a market cap of over $2B):
- Sigma Lithium (SGML) +16.84%.
- WD-40 (WDFC) +8.98%.
- Grupo Simec (SIM) +4.48%
- Ashland Global (ASH) +3.71%.
- Innospec (IOSP) +3%.
Top five decliners in the basic materials sector in Q2 (market cap of over $2B).
- Cleveland-Cliffs (CLF) -52.16%.
- United States Steel (X) -51.65%.
- Alcoa (AA) -50.56%.
- Companhia Siderurgica (SID) -47.3%.
- Lithium Americas (LAC) -45.4%.
Other materials ETFs to watch: iShares Global Timber & Forestry ETF (WOOD), Materials Select Sector SPDR ETF (XLB), Vanguard Materials ETF (VAW), iShares Global Materials ETF (MXI), SPDR S&P Metals and Mining ETF (XME), VanEck Vectors Gold Miners ETF (GDX), iShares MSCI Global Gold Miners ETF (RING), Global X Copper Miners ETF (COPX).