- BigCommerce (NASDAQ:BIGC) announced Tuesday the launch of automotive merchant- EVEC - on its open software-as-service platform.
- EVEC is a UK electric vehicle charging company that projects to reach £3.6 million over the next year through growth in its online direct-to-consumer and business-to-business sales.
- Under the UK government’s plan to end the sale of fossil-fuel vehicles in 2030, demand for electric vehicles and chargers is on the rise. "More new battery electric vehicles (BEVs) were registered than over the previous five years combined since 190,727 new BEVs joined Britain’s roads, along with 114,554 plug-in hybrids," according to the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders.
- EVEC is one of many automotive and automotive-related merchants leveraging the BigCommerce platform to drive sales. Others include Brock’s Performance, Van Cafe, Alligator Performance, BB Wheels, CruiseMaster and EGR Auto.
- Shares of BigCommerce have slipped about 50% year to date and are down more than 80% from all-time highs.
- Seeking Alpha Quant Rating's of Strong Sell sets the stock analysis stand apart from SA Authors Strong Buy and Wall Street analysts' Buy.
Recommended For You
More Trending News
See More »