- Polestar (NASDAQ:PSNY) has delivered approximately 21,200 cars in 1H22, more than doubling deliveries from 9,510 cars in the same period in 2021 – an increase of almost 125%.
- Global order take rose 350% Y/Y to 50,000 on YTD basis.
- The company reaffirms its full year target of delivering 50,000 cars.
- “It is great to see that the number of enthusiastic Polestar 2 customers is growing so quickly,” says Polestar CEO Thomas Ingenlath. “I am very confident that the strong momentum we have seen this year in brand awareness and sales figures will accelerate powerfully in the coming years as more ground-breaking cars are revealed.”
- Polestar (PSNY) expanded its global presence during the first six months of 2022 from 19 markets to 25, while the number of retail locations rose from 103 to 125 around the globe, with approximately 30 more expected to open by the end of 2022.
- This increased retail presence drove the number of test drives up by over 210%, a key indication of growing consumer interest in the brand.
- The company will be entering into the SUV segment with the global launch of the electric performance SUV, Polestar 3, in October.
- The SUV market is one of the highest growth and margin segments in the automotive industry, especially in the United States. Customers can expect to be able to order Polestar 3 on the day of the premiere in October.
- “Polestar 3 will stand out amongst other SUV offerings and boost our growth trajectory. It also represents the expansion of our manufacturing footprint into the United States as we become even more global. It is an important next step towards our goal of selling 290,000 cars in 2025 – ten times more than we sold in 2021,” concludes Thomas Ingenlath.
Recommended For You
More Trending News
See More »