Blue Water Vaccines in pact to study Alzheimer’s vaccine
Jul. 20, 2022 3:31 PM ETBlue Water Vaccines, Inc. (BWV)By: Dulan Lokuwithana, SA News Editor1 Comment
- Newly IPO’d biotech Blue Water Vaccines (NASDAQ:BWV) announced a sponsored research agreement with Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center on Wednesday to study vaccine candidates for conditions such as Alzheimer’s. The news sent company shares more than 11% higher in late trading.
- In July 2021, Cincinnati Children’s and Blue Water Vaccines (BWV) inked a global licensing agreement to jointly develop vaccines targeted at multiple indications using the Medical Center's virus-like particle (VLP) vaccine platform.
- Under the previous agreement, the parties have led studies for BWV-301 in gastroenteritis caused by norovirus or rotavirus.
- With the new partnership, Blue Water Vaccines (BWV) has agreed to fund studies to explore the potential of the platform in other conditions such as influenza and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Since its public debut in February, the Cincinnati, Ohio-based vaccine developer has lost ~97%, as shown in this graph.