Sanofi, GSK COVID booster shot wins European Commission approval (updated)
Nov. 10, 2022 10:43 AM ETSanofi (SNY), GSKBy: Jonathan Block, SA News Editor
- 12:30P update: Updated to reflect the EC has approved the booster.
- The European Commission has approved Sanofi (NASDAQ:SNY) and GlaxoSmithKline's (NYSE:GSK) COVID-19 vaccine VidPrevtyn Beta as a booster.
- The approval comes after the European Medicine Agency's Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use recommending authorization.
- The approval was based on the results of two trials.
- Also, the booster is for adults previously vaccinated with an mRNA or adenoviral vector vaccine.
- The agency said the European Commission will fast track a decision on a potential authorization.
- Read why Seeking Alpha contributor Mare Evidence Lab just rated Sanofi (SNY) a buy.