MicroStrategy acquires 3.2K bitcoin, sells 704 bitcoin at a loss
Dec. 28, 2022 10:10 AM ETMicroStrategy Incorporated (MSTR)BTC-USDBy: Jessica Kuruthukulangara, SA News Editor89 Comments
- MicroStrategy (NASDAQ:MSTR) said Wednesday it acquired ~2.4K bitcoin (BTC-USD) for ~$42.8M in cash, at an average price of ~$17.9K per BTC, from November 1 to December 21.
- The company sold ~704 bitcoin for ~$11.8M, at an average price of ~$16.8K per BTC, on December 22.
- MicroStrategy (MSTR) plans to carry back capital losses from this transaction against previous capital gains.
- On December 24, the firm acquired ~810 bitcoin for ~$13.6M in cash, at an average price of ~$16.8K per BTC.
- MicroStrategy's (MSTR) total bitcoin holdings from ~130K BTC as of October 31 to ~132.5K BTC as of December 27.
- The company's bitcoin holdings were acquired for ~$4.03B and average purchase price of ~$30.4K per BTC.
- MicroStrategy (MSTR) also provided an update on its $500M stock offering.
- From October 1 to December 27, MicroStrategy (MSTR) issued and sold ~218.6K shares at an average gross price per share of ~$213.16, for aggregate net proceeds of ~$46.4M.
- Read why SA contributor CashFlow Hunter believes MicroStrategy's (MSTR) core business is not healthy.