Illinois adult cannabis sales rise 13% in 2022, surpass $1.5B
Jan. 09, 2023 3:28 PM ETCuraleaf Holdings, Inc. (CURLF), MJ, GTBIF, CRLBFMMNFF, YOLO, CNBS, POTX, MSOS, ACRHF, ACRDF, VRNOF, AAWHBy: Jonathan Block, SA News Editor27 Comments
- Sales of adult-use cannabis products grew ~13% in 2022 compared to 2021 in Illinois, rising to a new all-time high of ~$1.56B.
- Data from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation indicates that $1.1B of the 2022 total was from state residents, with the remaining ~$479.2M coming from out-of-state residents.
- The Land of Lincoln has 113 adult-use dispensaries in operation.
- Multi-state operators in Illinois: Curaleaf (OTCPK:CURLF), Green Thumb Industries (OTCQX:GTBIF), Cresco Labs (OTCQX:CRLBF), Verano Holdings (OTCQX:VRNOF), Ascend Wellness (OTCQX:AAWH), Acreage (OTCQX:ACRHF)(OTCQX:ACRDF), and MedMen (OTCQB:MMNFF)
- Cannabis ETFs: AdvisorShares Pure Cannabis ETF (YOLO), Amplify Seymour Cannabis ETF (CNBS), ETFMG Alternative Harvest ETF (NYSEARCA:MJ), AdvisorShares Pure US Cannabis ETF (MSOS), and Global X Cannabis ETF (POTX).