Himax Technologies jumps 7%, expects to exceed Q4 guidance
Jan. 12, 2023 5:09 AM ETHimax Technologies, Inc. (HIMX)By: Manshi Mamtora, CFA32 Comments
- Himax Technologies (NASDAQ:HIMX) jumps 6.8% on prelim Q4 reports that is expected to exceed guidance issued on November 10.
- Q4 prelim revenue at $262.3M, an increase of 22.8% from Q3, substantially outperforming the guidance range of around a 4% - 8% sequential increase. This represents a decrease of 42% Y/Y. (vs. consensus of $227.9M)
- IFRS and non-IFRS gross margins were both 30.5%, compared to the guidance range of around 31.5% to 33.5%
- IFRS earnings per ADS at 24.1 cents, exceeding the guidance of 0.18 cents to 20.8 cents. (vs. consensus of 0.21); Non-IFRS earnings per ADS were 27.3 cents, exceeding the guidance of 21.0 cents to 24.0 cents.
- Revenues at $1,201.3M, a decrease of 22.3%.
- IFRS Gross margin was 40.5%, down from 48.4% of last year; Non-IFRS gross margin was 40.6%, down from 48.5% of last year.
- IFRS earnings per ADS were 135.6 cents, as compared to 249.8 cents in 2021. Non-IFRS earnings per ADS were 158.0 cents, as compared to 265.1 cents in 2021.