Cathedra Bitcoin deploys 150 machines at Tennessee third-party data center
Jan. 23, 2023 12:09 PM ETCathedra Bitcoin Inc. (CBTTF), CBIT:CABy: Mary Christine Joy, SA News Editor
- Bitcoin company Cathedra Bitcoin (OTCQX:CBTTF) (TSXV:CBIT:CA) said it has deployed 150 S19 XP machines at a third-party data center in Tennessee.
- The 150 machines are a part of the 200 machines that the company retained after terminating an agreement for the sale of 600 S19 XPs entered into on Jul. 11, 2022.
- As of Dec. 31, 2022, CBTTF delivered 400 of the 600 machines. However, on Jan. 3, the purchaser declined to accept delivery and make payment on the final 200 machines, citing shipping delays.
- Consequently, CBTTF and the purchaser entered into a termination agreement.
- The 200 S19 XPs produce a total of 28 PH/s of bitcoin mining hash rate at a power efficiency of 21.5 joules per terahash.
- Under the terms of the new agreement, the company will pay a fixed rate of $0.07 per kilowatt hour, plus 10% of gross bitcoin revenue produced by the hosted S19 XPs.
- Source: Press Release