What to expect from Colgate-Palmolive's Q4 2022 Earnings
Jan. 26, 2023 10:54 AM ETColgate-Palmolive Company (CL)By: Niloofer Shaikh, SA News Editor
- Colgate-Palmolive (NYSE:CL) is scheduled to announce Q4 earnings results on Friday, January 27th, before market open.
- The consensus EPS Estimate is $0.77 (-2.5% Y/Y) and the consensus Revenue Estimate is $4.58B (+4.1% Y/Y).
- Earnings history: The company reported mixed Q3 results and raised its outlook for organic sales.
- Over the last 2 years, CL has beaten EPS estimates 88% of the time and has beaten revenue estimates 75% of the time.
- Over the last 3 months, EPS estimates have seen 1 upward revision and 15 downward. Revenue estimates have seen 11 upward revisions and 1 downward.
- Analyst rating: JPMorgan analyst Andrea Teixeira raised the price target to $86 from $81 and maintains an Overweight rating. The analyst expects price inflation to continue to drive sales momentum for the majority of the 14 household and personal care companies she covers in Q4. However, she anticipates "weak" earnings performance for most in the sector. The Q4 reports will not matter much, and guidance and commentary will be crucial to drive stocks in the short term, Teixeira tells investors in a research note.
- Looking at the stock performance, CL lost around 7% past 12 months.
- Stock gets a Buy rating from Wall Street Analysts and Hold rating from SA Quant rating system.