- Cancer test makers iCAD (NASDAQ:ICAD) and Hologic (NASDAQ:HOLX) recorded sharp gains on Tuesday after the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force issued draft changes to breast cancer screening guidelines.
- Per the proposed guidelines, the task force recommends all women undergo mammography screening starting at age 40, ten years earlier than its previous recommendations.
- Mammography is a method for early detection of breast cancer where companies such as iCAD (ICAD), Hologic (HOLX), GE Healthcare (GEHC) and Siemens Healthineers (OTCPK:SEMHF) operate.
- The expert group, an influential player in public health recommendations, also advises women to continue breast cancer screenings every other year until they reach 74.
- The draft recommendations are available for public comments until June 5, 2023.
More on iCAD and Hologic
Recommended For You
More Trending News
See More »