GM (GM) and Cerberus discussed a swap in which GM would acquire Cerberus' 80% stake in Chrysler...

|By:, SA News Editor

GM (GM) and Cerberus discussed a swap in which GM would acquire Cerberus' 80% stake in Chrysler in exchange for its 49% stake in auto-lender GMAC, of which Cerberus owns the other 51%. Inactive talks could be renewed if markets stabilize.