Last Updated: Dec. 31, 2017
Seeking Alpha reserves the right to change these Contributor Payment Terms (including, but not limited to, any of the fee rates set out below) at any time by updating this page. Your continued participation in the Contributor Partnership Program constitutes your agreement to such changes. In such cases, we will also update the Last Updated date above. Please check this page regularly for any changes.
Exclusive Articles published prior to January 1, 2018 accrue $10 per 1,000 pageviews and are not subject to the Minimum Pageview Guarantee or Quality Score described below. The previous per pageview rate of $10 is subject to change.
As of January 1, 2018, article payments are calculated based on the following:
- Exclusive Articles will accrue earnings based on the number of times an Exclusive Article is read on the Site (Pageviews); Exclusive Articles may qualify for a Minimum Pageview Guarantee (MPG) which will create a payout based on the higher of the MPG or actual accrued pageviews. Specific details about the MPG can be found here.
- The pageview-based payment is multiplied by a quality score (QS) which is assigned on a per article basis. Seeking Alpha has absolute and final discretion in assignment of the quality score.
- Current applicable rates for per-pageview payments (“CPM”) are included in the Payments section below.
Based on the above, the calculation of an article’s payment is as follows:
PVs (greater of actual PVs or 'minimum pageview guarantee' (MPG) if it exists) x CPM x quality score (QS)
- Up to date details about the CPM and other article payment details can be found here.
- Exclusive articles selected for publication in the SA PRO+ subscription platform as Top Idea of the Day will earn a guaranteed minimum payout ("Guaranteed Earnings"). Mobile pageviews, pageviews by contributors viewing their own exclusive articles, and pageviews by SA employees are not included in pageview payment calculations.
- Seeking Alpha may, at its discretion, withhold and/or offset any and all payments for Exclusive Articles under any of the following circumstances: (i) we believe inappropriate methods have been employed to increase traffic; (ii) your Exclusive Article is published (with or without your permission) in breach of the exclusivity undertaking set forth in the Contributor Terms; (iii) your Exclusive Article is removed by Seeking Alpha for any reason.
- Seeking Alpha or its payment processing provider may send you notification emails updating you as to the status of your article(s) and any payments (for Exclusive Articles), and related to your registration, banking and tax details.
- You are responsible for ensuring that the banking details and/or other payment information you provide to Seeking Alpha are current at all times. Seeking Alpha will not be responsible for paying any banking fees, other charges or interest, including without limitation fees or charges resulting from your failure to comply with these terms, such as those incurred for not being able to pay you, or restoring payments to you that were paid into the wrong account if your payment information is not up to date.
- If you are a U.S. person (as defined under U.S. tax law), you agree to provide us with your U.S. tax identification number and a fully-completed Form W-9. We may require submission of other forms for individuals outside the U.S. You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of these forms and for paying all taxes on the amounts we pay you. Both parties agree that you are an independent contractor for Seeking Alpha, and not an employee.
- Any payments that accrue to you but that cannot be paid out due to lack of accurate payment or tax information, or if you request that Seeking Alpha hold your payments, or due to your not having reached the minimum payout threshold, will revert to Seeking Alpha after a period of 12 months. In addition, if we are unable to make payment to you, amounts owed may be subject to state escheat or unclaimed property laws.
- We reserve the right to charge you, or offset against future payments, if you provide incorrect account information, for charges imposed on us by the payment services you choose, or for amounts paid for articles submitted by you that we later learn are not owned by you.
- When submitting an article for consideration, you may select any of the payment options that appear in the Payment Method section of the Contributor Center. Please note that payments can only be made into an account in your name or bearing an email address identical to that which we have on record. Payments will not be made to third parties.
- Payments will be made monthly according to the payment details you provide to Seeking Alpha.
- Payments will be made within 30 days from the end of each month.
- Please notify as soon as possible if a payment appears to have been missed or is incorrect.
- Payments will only be made if there is a minimum of $100 due on your account. Accrued earnings of less than $100 will be rolled over to the next payment period and held for no more than 12 months.
- The CPM is subject to change and is quoted in $U.S. per 1,000 pageviews. Pageviews of your articles during each period will accrue earnings for you based on the CPM published for that period. CPM are multiplied by the article specific quality score. Details of the amounts accrued for each of your articles and payments made can be found on your Author Board.
|Article Type ||CPM** ||Guaranteed Earnings |
|Exclusive articles ||$13 ||- |
|PRO Top Idea ||- ||$1000 |
| || || |
*Subject to eligibility as determined by Seeking Alpha
**Rate based on every 1,000 article pageviews. Rate is subject to change.