- How are payments calculated?
- Please see here and here.
- How will I be paid?
- Payment can be received through ACH (Automatic Clearing House), eCheck, Wire Transfer, Check or PayPal. You must have a U.S. bank account to receive payments via ACH. Or if you’re feeling magnanimous, or for any other reason would prefer not to receive payment, we can also donate all proceeds to your favorite charity.
Fees are associated to some of the payment methods. Those fees are clearly displayed in the "Payment method" tab in the Contributor Center allowing you to chose the most cost efficient method to fit your needs. Additional fees may be incurred for payments made in currencies other than US dollar.
- I'm concerned about providing my bank details. What type of security do you have on your site?
- Your banking information will be submitted over an encrypted SSL connection. Your payment information is secured and payment processing is powered by Tipalti, a secured payment solution that we have chosen to handle our payments and store sensitive information. Tipalti is secured and verified by Geo Trust and PCI compliant, so your information is stored on an isolated, secure server.
- How can I track how much I'm earning?
- On the Contributor Center there is a box titled 'Earnings Overview' that clearly tracks and calculates your earnings.
- How many pageviews can I expect to get?
- Your Contributor Center also allows you to track pageviews on all your SA articles (exclusive and non-exclusi), which will give you an idea of what your audience engagement has been like until now. Top articles garner 10s of thousands of pageviews, so if you’re writing compelling articles, the potential to earn significant income is very real.
- How often will I be paid?
- Payments are made at the end of each month. The minimum payment amount is $100, which will be paid within 30 business days of month end. Payments of less than $100 will be delayed until earnings of $100 or more have accrued in your account. Unclaimed earnings lapse and are reclaimed after 12 months. Your payment and tax information must be completed prior to the end of the month to ensure payment for that month.
- Are the rewards set in stone? Can they go up? Can they go down?
- Our aspiration is to increase rewards over time and allow contributors to earn even more money as our partnership with contributors succeeds and bears fruits. And yes, we reserve the right to change our incentive plans at any time.
- I can’t get paid because of my company or business. What happens to my earnings?
- You can donate your earnings to charity. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- What type of charity can I donate to?
- Charitable donations are processed through the site https://www.tisbest.org. When we process your payment, we will submit your earnings as a voucher, which you will receive via email. You can then enter the tisbest website and choose the charity you wish to donate to. The only requirement we have is that we'll need you to complete a W9 form prior to processing.
Alternatively, we can donate the funds in Seeking Alpha's name to a charity of our choice (and your tax forms are not required). At present, we are donating funds to an organization called Pencils of Promise (pencilsofpromise.org).
- Who should I contact if I have further questions?
- If you have questions please contact: email@example.com.