Seeking Alpha PRO+
- What is SA PRO+?
- SA PRO+ is a subscription-only platform that gives subscribers exclusive early access to the best long and short ideas on Seeking Alpha and to exclusive research library covering thousands of stocks.
- Will I be paid for articles selected for SA PRO+?
- Articles selected for SA PRO+ are the Top Idea of the Day, and you will earn $1000. (See article selection and Payment FAQ below)
- What other benefits are there to contributing to SA PRO+?
- In addition to financial compensation and access to SA PRO+, publishing Top Ideas allows you to further differentiate your articles on the SA site. Each Top Idea will be clearly marked as such, delivered to subscribers by email, and remain marked as such even after the article becomes available for non-subscribers.
- How can I submit a Top Idea?
- All exclusive articles with a primary ticker are eligible for potential Top Idea consideration. A dedicated team of editors will be reviewing article submissions and selecting articles for Top Idea. If you want to highlight a submission for our attention, please write “Intended for PRO+” in the “Note to editors” section of the submissions interface.
To submit an exclusive article, simply click on one of the many Submit Article buttons throughout the site, or go to your Contributor Center and select "Write an Article."
- What exactly is a Top Idea?
- High-conviction long/short ideas with asymmetric risk/reward. More specifically, we look for:
• Context: Why does this opportunity exist? Why is the stock under/overpriced?
• Scope: How big is the opportunity? How big is the downside risk?
• Catalyst: What might drive the change in investor perception/share price?
• Timeframe: Is this a multi-year play, or a short-term opportunity?
We also recommend including an executive summary that briefly outlines the investment opportunity, and the title of the article should indicate the company’s name and the direction of the call.
This is not an exhaustive set of criteria, and we reserve the right to use editorial discretion in choosing articles.
- Can’t you just tell me which stocks you want me to rate?
- No. We’re not trying to imitate the sell side by rating stocks. We believe opportunity-driven research is vastly superior to coverage-driven research.
- Do PRO+ authors need to be fund managers or accredited?
- No. The common denominator among PRO+ authors is that they’re very good at identifying asymmetric risk/reward opportunities or doing high-quality research on underfollowed stocks, and that they put their theses in writing to help other investors and themselves.
How can I determine whether a stock has a dearth of high-quality coverage?
Check its quote page on SA. There are no hard and fast rules, but if a company has more than 3 primary ticker articles over the past 30 days, or more than three PRO articles in the last three months, it’s unlikely an article will be considered for PRO+.
You are welcome to contact the PRO editorial team at email@example.com
to inquire about past coverage on a given ticker.
What’s more important - identifying an under-covered stock, or the quality of my analysis?
Both. We want to expand our coverage of stocks traditionally neglected by research houses. But we aren’t looking to fill the gap with mediocre analysis, so once you’ve identified that a stock is under-covered, it’s all about the quality of your insight.
- Are Top Ideas eventually made available to all SA users?
- Top Ideas are available exclusively to SA PRO+ subscribers for the first 7 days. After the embargo ends, the articles are automatically made available to all SA users and syndicated to our content partners.
- Your embargo is “from time of publish.” When do you publish?
- We publish Top Ideas at 5:00 AM on market days.
- How long will a Top Idea be available to all SA users?
- Once available to all SA users, it remains fully accessible for 3 days. After 10 days from initial publication, only SA PRO+ subscribers will have continued access to the article. Non-subscribers will continue to have access to the comments on any SA PRO articles on which they commented and contributed to the discussion.
- Can a contributor access his own articles after 10 days?
- Can I opt out of having my article published as Top Idea?
- Yes, but we hope you don’t! Please let us know (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any concerns we might be able to address.
- Can I update my Top Idea thesis when there are material changes? Will the revised thesis be eligible for Top Idea status?
- Yes, providing there is new material sufficient for a fresh opportunity.
- Do you accept Top Ideas on stocks that have already had a Top Idea thesis?
- If you’re taking the other side of the trade, then of course! If you’re on the same side of the trade, but your thesis is materially different than the previous article’s, then yes.
- Is there a minimum market cap for the stocks covered in Top Ideas?
- An article about a stock trading at less than $1 or with a market cap below $100 million will see extra scrutiny but is still eligible for publication.
- Who should I contact if I have further questions?
- If you have any questions or suggestions, you can contact the PRO editorial team at email@example.com.
- How are payments calculated?
- Please see here and here.
- How will I be paid?
- Payment can be received through ACH (Automatic Clearing House), eCheck, Wire Transfer, Check or PayPal. You must have a U.S. bank account to receive payments via ACH. Or if you’re feeling magnanimous, or for any other reason would prefer not to receive payment, we can also donate all proceeds to your favorite charity.
Fees are associated to some of the payment methods. Those fees are clearly displayed in the "Payment method" tab in the Contributor Center allowing you to chose the most cost efficient method to fit your needs. Additional fees may be incurred for payments made in currencies other than US dollar.
- I'm concerned about providing my bank details. What type of security do you have on your site?
- Your banking information will be submitted over an encrypted SSL connection. Your payment information is secured and payment processing is powered by Tipalti, a secured payment solution that we have chosen to handle our payments and store sensitive information. Tipalti is secured and verified by Geo Trust and PCI compliant, so your information is stored on an isolated, secure server.
- How can I track how much I'm earning?
- On the Contributor Center there is a box titled 'Earnings Overview' that clearly tracks and calculates your earnings.
- How many pageviews can I expect to get?
- Your Contributor Center also allows you to track pageviews on all your SA articles (exclusive and non-exclusi), which will give you an idea of what your audience engagement has been like until now. Top articles garner 10s of thousands of pageviews, so if you’re writing compelling articles, the potential to earn significant income is very real.
- How often will I be paid?
- Payments are made at the end of each month. The minimum payment amount is $100, which will be paid within 30 business days of month end. Payments of less than $100 will be delayed until earnings of $100 or more have accrued in your account. Unclaimed earnings lapse and are reclaimed after 12 months. Your payment and tax information must be completed prior to the end of the month to ensure payment for that month.
- Are the rewards set in stone? Can they go up? Can they go down?
- Our aspiration is to increase rewards over time and allow contributors to earn even more money as our partnership with contributors succeeds and bears fruits. And yes, we reserve the right to change our incentive plans at any time.
- I can’t get paid because of my company or business. What happens to my earnings?
- You can donate your earnings to charity. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- What type of charity can I donate to?
- Charitable donations are processed through the site https://www.tisbest.org. When we process your payment, we will submit your earnings as a voucher, which you will receive via email. You can then enter the tisbest website and choose the charity you wish to donate to. The only requirement we have is that we'll need you to complete a W9 form prior to processing.
Alternatively, we can donate the funds in Seeking Alpha's name to a charity of our choice (and your tax forms are not required). At present, we are donating funds to an organization called Pencils of Promise (pencilsofpromise.org).
- Who should I contact if I have further questions?
- If you have questions please contact: email@example.com.