- Former FX trader
- Lawyer specialised in financial market law (presently in-house counsel at Squared Financial Services (FX broker-dealer)
- Actively manages family hedge fund
- Investment styles/techniques include arbitrage, value investing, volatility, term structure based on quantifiable objective mathematical models.
- As the libertarian that I am, I am always delighted to put my legal skills to work in helping people take full advantage of the law in order to protect their private property and avoid taxation, via offshore vehicles and various legal and financial montages.
- My mantra towards investing in financial markets: "predict nothing, just react"
Tales From The Future (TFTF). I picked my nickname because many advisors and investors claim they can predict the future of the (stock) markets and precisely pick the winners. I don't.
I usually do not engage in short-term trading and myopic analysis (quarter by quarter, without looking at the big picture). I like to work with long-term scenarios. My focus is on possible disruptions and growth opportunities in (consumer) technology and related sectors. I also look into value and contrarian ideas as well as emerging technologies, growth stocks worldwide, both on the long and short side as well as the influence of monetary policy on markets.
I am fiercely independent in my investment research. That's why the avatar image of a lone Ninja hopefully fits. Independence guided my investment principles for the past 20+ years:
Pick your targets with patience. Do your OWN diligence.
Never follow the herd blindly: 'Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.'
General Sector Focus: Technology/Internet, Value, Disruptors, Energy/Alt Energy, Entertainment Stocks and Monetary Policy/Geopolitics. Geographical Focus: USA, Western Europe, Japan.
PS: I speak various languages but I am not a native English speaker. I apologize in advance for any typos and grammatical errors.