Eli Lilly: A Full Suite Of Offerings For Diabetic Patients
Saad Rehman • Yesterday, 9:35 AM
- Recently, Eli Lilly and Boehringer Ingelheim received a positive opinion from the European Medicines Agency for its insulin glargine, Abasria, for the treatment of diabetes.
- It's the first copycat of Sanofi's blockbuster Lantus, which raked in $7.8 billion in global sales last year.
- Sanofi's European patent will expire in May next year.
- Diabetes is a large and growing market and it is expected Abasria will do quite well upon authorization.
- Eli Lilly also plans to file for its once-daily insulin injection, known as Peglispro, in the U.S. in the near future.