Thu, Nov. 12, 1:08 PM
- Hershey's (HSY -1.2%) announces it will launch a line of Hershey Kisses with no artificial flavors this holiday season.
- The company also is unveiling a SmartLabel QR code program to allow consumers greater transparency on the "simple" ingredients of its products.
- During the firm's earnings call two weeks ago, Hershey execs notes some weak trends in U.S. retail selling channels. They also talked about building out the Brookside brand with new bars on the healthier side.
- Hershey earnings call transcript
Wed, Oct. 28, 10:18 AM
- Hershey (HSY -3.8%) reports organic net sales rose 1.5% in Q3.
- Segment sales: North America: $1.73B (+2.4%); International & other: $226.91M (-15.2%).
- Adjusted gross margin rate improved 220 bps to 46% driven by net price realization, supply chain productivity and costs savings initiatives.
- EBIT margin grew 180 bps to 21.2%.
- FY2015 Guidance: Net sales: +1.5% to +2% (excluding currency impact); Adjusted gross margin rate: low end of +135 bps to +145 bps; GAAP EPS: $2.22 to $2.34; Adjusted EPS: $4.10 to $4.18.
Wed, Oct. 28, 7:06 AM
Tue, Oct. 27, 5:30 PM
- ACCO, ADP, AGCO, AIT, AN, ANTM, APO, ARW, BAH, BDC, BGCP, BOKF, BSX, CARB, CFR, CG, CHMT, CMC, COT, DHX, DORM, DX, EVER, EVR, FCAU, FDML, FLIR, GD, GHM, GNRC, GRMN, HES, HLT, HOT, HSY, HTA, ICE, IDXX, IP, JLL, LFUS, LVLT, MDLZ, NEE, NMR, NOC, NOV, NSC, OXY, PCG, Q, RDWR, RES, ROL, SAH, SAIA, SLAB, SNCR, SO, SONS, SSE, STRA, TECH, TEL, TGI, TKR, UMC, VLO, VLY, VNTV, WBA, WEX, WOOF, XRAY
Wed, Oct. 14, 8:11 AM| Wed, Oct. 14, 8:11 AM | Comment!
Tue, Oct. 6, 4:22 PM
Wed, Sep. 16, 7:02 AM
Mon, Aug. 17, 12:15 PM
- Hershey (HSY +0.6%) can move ahead to end a joint venture in Brazil with Pandurata Alimentos after landing approval from local regulators.
- The company will buy out its JV partners in Brazil for an undisclosed amount.
- The development will allow Hershey to grow candy brands independently in the region.
Fri, Aug. 7, 7:23 AM
- Hershey (NYSE:HSY) reports a net acquisitions and divestitures benefit of 1.4 percentage points in Q2. Unfavorable foreign currency exchange swings chopped off 1.3 percentage points of growth.
- Segment sales: North America +1.8% to $1.399B, International -12.1% to $179.3M.
- Adjusted gross margin rate increased 130 bps to 46.7% off of improved pricing.
- Retail chocolate sales in China were up about 10%.
- Guidance: Full-year revenue expected to increase 1.5% to 2.5% (+3% to +4% in constant currency). EPS of $4.10 to $4.18 seen vs. $4.15 consensus.
- Previously: Hershey beats by $0.03, misses on revenue
Fri, Aug. 7, 7:09 AM
Fri, Aug. 7, 7:01 AM
Thu, Aug. 6, 5:30 PM
Wed, Aug. 5, 8:03 AM
Thu, Jul. 16, 9:36 AM
- Hershey (HSY +0.6%) announces it hired a new Chief Marketing Officer.
- Peter Horst was hired away from Capital One Financial where he led a well-known and distinctive marketing campaign (What's in your Wallet?).
- The hiring comes with Hershey stuck in a bit of a rut, shares down 11.3% YTD, amid global F/X challenges and a shift toward healthier snacking.
Tue, Jul. 7, 9:08 AM
- Hostess Brands, the bakery firm that was pursuing a sale after two years under private-equity ownership, has taken itself off that market and will pursue an IPO instead, Reuters reports.
- The company reportedly turned down offers from other companies and P-E firms that valued it from $2.4B-$2.5B including debt. It'll now seek a new loan to pay a dividend to its owners, Dean Metropoulos and Apollo Global Management (NYSE:APO).
- Hostess has turned its business around quickly after filing for bankruptcy three years ago, but its market share is still below pre-bankruptcy levels.
- Brands have been relaunched and profitability has improved since being bought out of bankruptcy.
- Snack rivals: MDLZ, HSY, FLO, OTCPK:GRBMF.
Fri, Jun. 19, 1:11 PM
- Confidence in Hershey (HSY -3.5%) is slipping after the company cut guidance earlier today.
- The candy seller is battling soft demand for chocolate in China and a broader global food trend toward protein snacks
- Hershey purchased Shanghai Golden Monkey for $584M in 2013 with an eye on leveraging the local brand with its iconic products, but so far has failed to generate some of the synergies which were forecast.
- HSY is trading close to its 52-week low.
- Previously: Hershey slides after lowering guidance (Jun. 19 2015)
- Previously: Job cuts and productivity plan unveiled at Hershey's (Jun. 19 2015)
The Hershey Co is engaged in the manufacturing, marketing, selling and distributing chocolate and sugar confectionery products, pantry items, such as baking ingredients, toppings and beverages; and gum and mint refreshment products.
Other News & PR