What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Yesterday, 2:26 PM
- Investors are taking refuge in some weathered stocks in the consumer goods sector.
- Procter & Gamble (PG +0.9%), Hershey (HSY +2.2%), Altria (MO +0.3%), Hormel (HRL +1.9%), Clorox (CLX +1.8%), and Post Holdings (POST +0.4%) are all making gains despite the 375-point slide in the Dow Jones Industrial Average.
- The Consumer Staples Select ETF (NYSEARCA:XLP) is down 1%, compared to the much steeper losses in the tech and financials sectors.
Thu, Jan. 28, 7:15 AM
Thu, Jan. 28, 7:03 AM
Wed, Jan. 27, 5:30 PM
- ABT, ACAT, ADS, AEP, AIT, AN, ARG, AUO, AVT, BABA, BANC, BC, BHI, BLL, BMS, BMY, BOFI, BX, CAT, CELG, CHKP, CLFD, CRR, CSH, CY, DGX, DLX, DST, EPD, EXTR, F, FCFS, FCS, FLWS, GLOP, GNTX, HAR, HCA, HGG, HOG, HP, HSY, HUBB, INGR, IVZ, JBLU, JCI, KEM, LEA, LLL, LLY, LRN, MITK, MJN, MKC, MMYT, MO, MTH, NDAQ, NEE, NOC, NTCT, NUE, ORI, OSK, PHM, POT, RDN, RGS, RTN, SHW, SWK, SXC, TCB, TGI, TMO, TROW, TWC, UA, UBSI, VLO, WCC, WRLD, XEL, ZBH
Thu, Jan. 14, 7:50 AM
- Chocolate producers are working together to improve low cocoa crop yields in an effort to meet rising global demand.
- Older trees and poor crop management have held down yields in both Ivory Coast and Ghana.
- A higher level of production could have a ripple effect across the broader cocoa market.
- Related stocks: MDLZ, HSY, OTCPK:NSRGY, OTC:BYCBF, ADM.
- ETFs: NIB, CHOC
Dec. 14, 2015, 3:40 PM
- Hershey (HSY +2.4%) hires Rob Gehring to fill the position of Global Chief Sales Officer.
- Gehring was working at Coca-Cola North America.
- The company reported a 1.5% gain in organic sales during Q3. F/X and weakened demand for chocolate products in China have been dragging on the international side of the business.
Dec. 8, 2015, 9:12 AM
- Argus boosts its rating on Hershey (NYSE:HSY) to Buy from Hold on a valuation call.
- Valuation is seen as attractive to Argus if the impact of F/X is stripped away.
- The investment firm lifts the price target on the food stock to $96.
- Shares of Hershey closed at $87.14 yesterday, on the low end of their 52-week range of $82.41 to $111.35.
Nov. 12, 2015, 1:08 PM
- Hershey's (HSY -1.2%) announces it will launch a line of Hershey Kisses with no artificial flavors this holiday season.
- The company also is unveiling a SmartLabel QR code program to allow consumers greater transparency on the "simple" ingredients of its products.
- During the firm's earnings call two weeks ago, Hershey execs notes some weak trends in U.S. retail selling channels. They also talked about building out the Brookside brand with new bars on the healthier side.
- Hershey earnings call transcript
Oct. 28, 2015, 10:18 AM
- Hershey (HSY -3.8%) reports organic net sales rose 1.5% in Q3.
- Segment sales: North America: $1.73B (+2.4%); International & other: $226.91M (-15.2%).
- Adjusted gross margin rate improved 220 bps to 46% driven by net price realization, supply chain productivity and costs savings initiatives.
- EBIT margin grew 180 bps to 21.2%.
- FY2015 Guidance: Net sales: +1.5% to +2% (excluding currency impact); Adjusted gross margin rate: low end of +135 bps to +145 bps; GAAP EPS: $2.22 to $2.34; Adjusted EPS: $4.10 to $4.18.
Oct. 28, 2015, 7:06 AM
- Hershey (NYSE:HSY): Q3 EPS of $0.70 may not be comparable to consensus of $1.13.
- Revenue of $1.96B (flat Y/Y) misses by $20M.
Oct. 27, 2015, 5:30 PM
- ACCO, ADP, AGCO, AIT, AN, ANTM, APO, ARW, BAH, BDC, BGCP, BOKF, BSX, CARB, CFR, CG, CHMT, CMC, COT, DHX, DORM, DX, EVER, EVR, FCAU, FDML, FLIR, GD, GHM, GNRC, GRMN, HES, HLT, HOT, HSY, HTA, ICE, IDXX, IP, JLL, LFUS, LVLT, MDLZ, NEE, NMR, NOC, NOV, NSC, OXY, PCG, Q, RDWR, RES, ROL, SAH, SAIA, SLAB, SNCR, SO, SONS, SSE, STRA, TECH, TEL, TGI, TKR, UMC, VLO, VLY, VNTV, WBA, WEX, WOOF, XRAY
Oct. 14, 2015, 8:11 AM
- Hershey (NYSE:HSY) announces a new five-year partnership with the U.S. Olympic Committee.
- The agreement will see Hershey become an official sponsor of Team USA.
- The USOC sponsorship falls in line with a broad marketing strategy by the company to highlight Hershey's iconic brands with consumers.
Oct. 6, 2015, 4:22 PM
- Hershey (NYSE:HSY) declares $0.583/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 2.48%
- Payable Dec. 15; for shareholders of record Nov. 25; ex-div Nov. 23.
Sep. 16, 2015, 7:02 AM
Aug. 17, 2015, 12:15 PM
- Hershey (HSY +0.6%) can move ahead to end a joint venture in Brazil with Pandurata Alimentos after landing approval from local regulators.
- The company will buy out its JV partners in Brazil for an undisclosed amount.
- The development will allow Hershey to grow candy brands independently in the region.
Aug. 7, 2015, 7:23 AM
- Hershey (NYSE:HSY) reports a net acquisitions and divestitures benefit of 1.4 percentage points in Q2. Unfavorable foreign currency exchange swings chopped off 1.3 percentage points of growth.
- Segment sales: North America +1.8% to $1.399B, International -12.1% to $179.3M.
- Adjusted gross margin rate increased 130 bps to 46.7% off of improved pricing.
- Retail chocolate sales in China were up about 10%.
- Guidance: Full-year revenue expected to increase 1.5% to 2.5% (+3% to +4% in constant currency). EPS of $4.10 to $4.18 seen vs. $4.15 consensus.
- Previously: Hershey beats by $0.03, misses on revenue
The Hershey Co is engaged in the manufacturing, marketing, selling and distributing chocolate and sugar confectionery products, pantry items, such as baking ingredients, toppings and beverages; and gum and mint refreshment products.
Other News & PR